Cumberland Inns Trading Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
– the personal data we collect about you
– how we look after your personal data when you visit our websites (regardless of where you visit from)
– with whom your personal data might be shared
– your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
Personal data provided by you
– We collect personal data about you when you:
– book a table with us
– purchase or make payments for any of our products or services;
– contact us through our website;
– complete customer feedback or surveys;
– apply for a job with us;
The personal data collected in the above manner may include your:
– full name;
– reservation and/or booking details;
– contact details including email address; telephone number; delivery address;
– purchase information including payments details;
– preferences and/or likes or dislikes;
– CV, covering letter and other application details.
PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED
We may ask you for more information from time to time, this will then be added to the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve how we provide our products and services to you.
Special categories of personal data
The only special category personal data which we collect from time to time via our website is health information. For example, we may ask you or you may volunteer, from to time to time, allergen information so that we can cater appropriately for you and/or access requirements so that we can facilitate appropriate access to the premises where we are operating. We will only collect that special category of personal data with your explicit consent.
We do no ask for any special categories of personal data to be disclosed to us as part of your job application process. Depending on the nature of the role, we may have to conduct further checks at a later stage and, where those checks will involve special categories of personal data, we will explain why we need that information and how we intend to use it.
PERSONAL DATA ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
– give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
– receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
– give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data outside the European Economic Area; and give consent to the processing of their special category personal data (further details relating to special category personal data is detailed below).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect information about you so that we can:
– manage your table bookings and event bookings at our venues and ensure that we can provide you with a personalised and memorable experience with us;
– process any orders for gift vouchers and/or books on our sites;
– assist you with your queries in relation to our business and/or venues;
– conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
– carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences (although this is only ever done in an anonymised manner and will not identify you specifically);
– detect and prevent fraud;
– customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
– notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
– carry out security vetting;
– improve our services; and
– review any job applications you submit to us;
We would like to send you information by email about our products and services, competitions or prize draws and special offers which may be of interest to you.
If you provide us with consent, we will only share your details with our email marketing provider.
WHEN WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or payment card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is essential in order do that.
– service providers that help us to get any purchases which you make through our website to you, such as delivery companies, gift voucher printers, payment service providers;
– service providers that provide reservation systems for our venues, such as Bookatable, Design My Night and OpenTable;
– service providers that help us to run our business such as marketing agencies, website hosting providers, website developers, providers of wifi access at our venues and newsletter distributors;
– professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide advice to us when we require it;
– law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. If you would like any more information about the third parties which we work with to provide our services to you, please contact us on the contact details provided later in this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We are a UK based company and store our data on secure servers within the EU. The companies we use for this adhere to strict security policies.
All employees, contractors and sub-co