Simon Goodman – Head chef/Owner
I try to use as much of the abundant produce available from the local area – cooking with meat from nearby organic farms, fresh fish from the south coast, as well as the pub’s own vegetable patch. The emphasis here at The Duke is on simple & delicious dishes. With 20 years’ experience as a head chef, and winner of the Pub Chef of the Year competition, I am convinced that this is the sort of food & atmosphere that will continue to pull people into our precious local pubs.
We often have seasonal specials available….
For example our current Autumn specials include:
- Diver caught scallops oven baked in their shell with lemon, hazelnut & garlic butter – £14.95
- Partridge breast, celeriac rosti, wild mushroom, onion puree, juniper & port jus – £12.50
- Devilled kidneys on rustic toast – £10.50
- 10 hour slow cooked brisket of beef, horseradish dauphinoise potato, kale, red wine jus, crispy onion – £24.50
- Pheasant burger, brioche bun, celeriac remoulade, skinny fries, caper and english mustard mayo – £19.95
- Tomahawk steak, roasted tomatoes, mushroom, chunky chips, peppercorn sauce (to share) – £90.00
Special dishes available on request.
Bespoke menus available for larger parties, prepared and tailored to suit you so please ask about our seasonal options.
Shoot luncheons can also be arranged in one of our three areas, depending on the size of the party.